Well, what did you think I looked like?

Well, what did you think I looked like?
It was a late night!

Sunday 30 May 2010

Nice afternoon as a Cordon bleu chef!!!

I know, its a recurring fantasy of mine. All it takes is a good film about cookery....or with cooking in it, and I am away with the sauce fairies.
So, there I was the other night watching 'Julie&Julia'; and I once again imagine I am a 5 star chef, which for my eldest is a hard row to mow; he is a fussy beggar. Son #2 however fancies himself as somewhat of a gourmand, so is a willing sous chef/washer-upper.
So we had breakfast....for dinner.


bacon, eggs; mushrooms, tomatoes and a fried slice.


OR
a large slice of tiger bread sautéed in butter, topped with chopped tomatoes and greek basil; two slices of dry fried bacon on top, then add a (proper) poached egg; top off with mushrooms in red wine & cream sauce.
Fekkin delicious, move over Mrs Beeton.
and all eaten and washed up in time for ...ta da !!!! 'Going Postal'.

No comments:

Post a Comment