Well, what did you think I looked like?

Well, what did you think I looked like?
It was a late night!

Monday 5 July 2010

Feeling a bit better.


Having had my little rant earlier, I betook myself off to the kitchen for some therapy.

several pounds of strawberries rapidly became 1 litre of strawberry ripple ice cream and three large jars of strawberry jam.
Closely followed by these;
pretty darned perfect aren't they? can anyone say 'FEET!' ?
I plucked up all my courage after the last disastrous attempt which all cracked and sank like mini-soufflĂ©'s on a wet afternoon, and tackled the Italian syrup meringue method. Pretty brave of me as I have an aversion to anything that can burn a gaping whole in my clumsy flesh, but having already done jam I thought why the hell not and presto! perfect macaronage and only the slightest hint of a cap. These are plain almond flavour with the ubiquitous chocolate and coffee ganache, I am still experimenting with oven temp so colours are still a problem with browning, but as you can see, I am getting near perfection. (160° double trays, and pray for ten minutes)
From the allotment today I harvested;

  •  2 marrow
  • 12 white onions
  • 12 red onions
  • 4 lettuce
  • 3 million giant radishes ( again)
  • 200g peas shelled
  • 6 Kohl Rabi
  • 6 beetroot
  • 50 shallots
  • a handful of Maris Peer new potatoes
  • 1lb of redcurrants
  • 3.5 lb strawberries
not a bad haul.
some pics of stuff growing.

Beetroot, squash, marrows, lettuce, sweetcorn.

 Lettuce ( and we don't even eat the stuff!) Onions, peas more broad beans , more sweetcorn.

 Cabbage, Broccoli, and Romanesco, oh and more sweetcorn.

Sweetcorn, Kohl Rabi, potatoes and pears.

you can see why more room would be nice?

No comments:

Post a Comment